Matzner Clinic's health care philosophy is based on the premise that we are born to be healthy. In other words, our body's have an inborn intelligence with a genetic predisposition toward being well. When we give our bodies the support they need, our bodies will heal themselves.
Dictionary.com defines wellness as:
1. The quality or state of being healthy in body and mind, especially as the result of deliberate effort.
2. An approach to healthcare that emphasizes preventing illness and prolonging life, as opposed to emphasizing treating diseases.
This means that achieving wellness is a process of teamwork. We will become your partner in helping you achieve wellness in your life.
- First, we learn about you through an in depth examination and interview.
- Based on your needs, we develop a recommended care plan focused on addressing your immediate issues.
- We work with you to implement your care plan and focus on maintaining your results.
- We teach you how to focus on preventing illness and prolonging life.
- You experience better health especially as a result of deliberate effort.
Your genetic code is like a deck of cards. How you play that hand determines whether your life tends more toward health or toward disease. Making smart lifestyle changes can help you prevent or even reverse the course of illness and disease. The CDC states that diets rich in fruits and vegetables and making sure you exercise can help prevent chronic diseases and improve your health. Matzner Clinic includes education on making these smart lifestyle changes an integral part of your care.
Wellness is a journey and not a destination. It exists on a spectrum and is constantly changing. You are either moving toward wellness, or away from it based on your lifestyle, habits, diet, stress, activity level, environmental exposure and more. Matzner Clinic helps you assess where you are on the wellness spectrum, and gets you moving in the direction you desire. With regular care, you can achieve and maintain a lifetime of optimal health.
We work extremely hard to meet your needs and expectations. Our practice philosophy is based on the concept that our favorite people to take care of are people referred by our extremely satisfied clients. If there is ever a reason that you don't feel you can confidently refer your friends, colleagues and family members, we'd like to know why.
Once we do, we'll do everything we can to gain your confidence that we are the premier wellness center in Champaign.
Matzner Clinic believes in giving back to the community. We are especially passionate about helping children caught in the foster care system. Our charity of choice is CASA - Court Appointed Special Advocates - in Champaign County. We have raised thousands of dollars to help these volunteers who are dedicated to helping abused and neglected children, and giving them a voice in their court decisions. Matzner Clinic has raised thousands of dollars to support CASA and their important work in helping children.