Chiropractic

wellness.gifIt is a scientific fact that your nervous system controls virtually every function within your body. Christopher Reeves, whose tragic spinal cord injury left him completely paralyzed, made that connection between the spinal cord and the body’s functions clear to all of us. Traditionally, chiropractic has paid careful attention to the relationship of your skeletal system, primarily your spinal column, to nerve function as it emerges from your spinal column. While the chiropractic profession is typically recognized for its treatment of headaches, neck pain, arm pain, back pain, and leg pain, current research also indicates that it can be helpful for many other conditions such as asthma and digestive disorders.

Today’s doctor of chiropractic is as thoroughly trained as a medical doctor except in the areas of prescribing drugs and performing surgery, because chiropractic focuses more on treating the body as a whole and less on treating the symptoms of a particular problem. Every chiropractic physician is trained in detecting areas of the skeletal system that may interfere with the functioning of the nervous system and in correcting the underlying problems. In the State of Illinois, we are licensed as physicians with PCP (primary care physician) status.

At Matzner Clinic we provide numerous forms of chiropractic care. These include not only the traditional elements of chiropractic, such as hands-on adjustments, but also more gentle techniques such as flexion distraction and activator.

Chiropractic care also involves more than just manipulating the spine.  Your other joints and skeletal structures can also experience misalignment, causing pain and problems.  Chiropractic manipulations or adjustments can be performed on any portion of the body and may be used on your injured area to help return your skeleton to alignment.

 

Problems We Treat with Chiropractic Care

  • Whiplash and car accidents
  • Headaches, neck and arm pain
  • Low back, hip and leg pains or Sciatica
  • Arm and leg (extremity) pain
  • Jaw or TMJ pain
  • Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
  • Scoliosis
  • Muscle spasms
  • Fibromyalgia
  • Arthritis
  • Stress
  • Pregnancy and infant care

To learn how chiropractic care can help you, or if you're confused about how our chiropractic services can help with any of these conditions and more, give us a call at 217-359-6625.

 

 


Did You Know ... 

Only 10% of the nerves in your body are responsible for carrying pain signals?  The other 90% are responsible for the proper functioning of every muscle, organ and cell in your body.  When a spinal misalignment is causing an interruption in the proper flow of information in 90% of your nervous system, you may not be able to feel it ... but it can have dramatic implications for your health. Subluxations are important to correct, even when there is no sensation of pain.