“I can get my arms around you, Mommy!”
After marrying in her late 30’s, then having two boys at age 39 and 42, Tina Dechausay realized her see-saw strategy no longer worked.
The 5’ 3” communication professional works at the nonprofit Cunningham Children’s Home. When the organization hosted a Wellness Fair last spring, Tina attended and got her blood pressure checked.
“It was an alarming reality check,” she says. At another booth, she learned about JumpStart’s Ideal Protein diet. A month later she began the program, weighing in at her highest ever, 207 pounds.
“The first week of the diet, I had big doubts,” she said. “It’s a lot of change. I thought ‘can I do this for months’?’”
But after a week, she says, something clicked. “It just suddenly felt not has hard. And I knew I could do it.” By week two, her energy was up and her blood pressure down. Soon after, she began to sleep better and the arthritis in her back began to ease.
Today Tina has dropped 8 clothes sizes and dropped 55 pounds.
Tina says that instead of feeling confined by the diet, she instead discovered how to love different foods. “I actually crave broccoli today,” she laughs. “I learned to try food in new ways that are healthy – and, it turns out – tasty!”
“JumpStart’s Ideal Protein program really helps you figure out a lot about yourself and what you can really do when you put your mind to it. This program starts as a diet, but it really is a lifestyle change.”
A few weeks ago, my sons ran over to hug me and one exclaimed, ‘I can get my arms around you, Mommy!’ My heart melted. This program has really changed our lives.”
Tina’s Top Tips:
- Don’t give up! “It takes time to change habits,” she says. “Give it a week or a month. You can do this.”
- Meal planning! Find what you like and take the time to make those happen.
- Read labels! Beware of hidden carbs.
- Fill your spice rack with Montreal Seasoning, cayenne pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. “They’re great for spicing up foods you might otherwise pass on,” she says.
Her favorite go-to foods:
- Ideal Protein’s Crisps: Like chips, these little wonders fill the salt craving in a healthy way. Different flavors for different moods! “Add some homemade salsa, and wow!
- No-bean crockpot turkey chili: “So good! I make a huge pot and freeze portions to parse out.”
“The results are those of the individual that is identified. Typical results vary up to 6 and 8 pounds lost during the first two weeks and up to 2 pounds per week thereafter when the Ideal Protein® Weight Loss Method is followed properly. You should consult your physician or other health care professional before starting this or any other diet program to determine if it is right for your needs.”